English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-4842-1729-0 | 308 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
This new book on PHP 7 introduces writing solid, secure, object-oriented code in the new PHP 7, carefully presented in a well-paced, clear fashion. In Learn PHP 7, programming examples take advantage of the newest PHP features, including enhanced password encryption using password_hash. This book takes a learn-by-doing approach, providing you with complete coding examples.
“Do It” exercises in each chapter provide the opportunity to make adjustments to the example code. The end of chapter programming exercises allow you to develop your own applications using the algorithms demonstrated in the chapter. You will experience the creation of a complete three-tier application using a natural process of building and testing modules within each tier.
Each tier is logically and physically separated using object-oriented and dependency injection techniques, thus allowing independent tiers that can be updated with little or no effect on the other tiers. In addition to teaching good programming practices through OOP, there is a strong emphasis on creating secure code. As each chapter is completed, the reader is provide the opportunity to design and create an application reinforcing the concepts learned.
What you’ll learn
- What are the PHP 7 language basics: conditional statements, loops, arrays, and methods (functions)
- How to work with XML, JSON, and MySQL data
- How to use secure coding techniques
- How to create error logs, user logs, and application logs
- What are the various backup and recovery techniques
- How to use Try/Catch blocks as emphasized with PHP 7 to handle program exceptions