Author: Jeff Friesen
Pub Date: 2014
Size: 10 Mb
Learn Java for Android Development, Third Edition is an update of a strong selling book that now includes the newest Java 8 APIs available in the latest Android SDK 5 (Key Lime Pie). This book teaches programmers the essential Java language skills necessary for effectively picking up and using the new Android SDK platform to build mobile, embedded and even PC apps, especially game apps.
Android development is hot, and many programmers are interested injoining the fun. However, because this technology is based on Java, youshould first obtain a solid grasp of the Java language and its APIs toimprove your chances of succeeding as an effective Android app developerfor building mobile as well as embedded and even PC apps.
Each of the book’s 14 chapters provides an exercise section that gives you the opportunity to reinforce your understanding of the chapter’s material. Answers to the book’s more than 500 exercises are provided in an appendix. A second appendix provides a significant game-oriented Java application, which you can convert into an Android app.
Once you complete this one of a kind book written by Jeff Friesen, an expert Java developer and JavaWorld.com columnist, you should be ready to begin your indie or professional Android app development journey.
What you’ll learn
– How to learn the Java skills necessary for Android development
– What are the core Java language fundamentals
– How to discover classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces
– How to master some of the advanced Java language features
– What are the basic Java APIs necessary for Android
– What the collections framework is and how to use it
– How to use the utility APIs and perform I/O and networking
– How to access databases
– How to apply a Java case study or example to your Android code and more