English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1804611470 | 278 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 32 MB
A must-have Kubernetes book to learn key concepts for succeeding in any production environment, be it a greenfield Kubernetes environment or your cloud-native journey
- Advance in your Kubernetes journey with guidance from a seasoned k8s practitioner and trainer
- Discover best practices for implementing Kubernetes in any production environment
- Go beyond the basics and work with Kubernetes applications in every environment
Kubernetes is a trending topic among engineers, CTOs, CIOs, and other technically sound professionals. Due to its proliferation and importance for all cloud technologies, DevOps engineers nowadays need a solid grasp of key Kubernetes concepts to help their organization thrive.
This book equips you with all the requisite information about how Kubernetes works and how to use it for the best results. You’ll learn everything from why cloud native is important to implementing Kubernetes clusters to deploying applications in production. This book takes you on a learning journey, starting from what cloud native is and how to get started with Kubernetes in the cloud, on-premises, and PaaS environments such as OpenShift. Next, you’ll learn about deploying applications in many ways, including Deployment specs, Ingress Specs, and StatefulSet specs. Finally, you’ll be comfortable working with Kubernetes monitoring, observability, and security. Each chapter of 50 Kubernetes Concepts Every DevOps Engineer Should Know is built upon the previous chapter, ensuring that you develop practical skills as you work through the code examples in GitHub, allowing you to follow along while giving you practical knowledge.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to implement Kubernetes in any environment, whether it’s an existing environment, a greenfield environment, or your very own lab running in the cloud or your home.
What you will learn
- Find out how Kubernetes works on-premises, in the cloud, and in PaaS environments
- Work with networking, cluster management, and application deployment
- Understand why cloud native is crucial for Kubernetes applications
- Deploy apps in different states, including Stateless and Stateful
- Monitor and implement observability in your environment
- Explore the functioning of Kubernetes security at the cluster, user, and application level
Resolve the captcha to access the links!