English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800562493 | 362 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 32 MB
Learn to leverage the advanced capabilities of Keycloak, an open-source identity and access management solution, to enable authentication and authorization in applications
- Get up to speed with Keycloak, OAuth 2.0, and OpenID Connect using practical examples
- Configure, manage, and extend Keycloak for optimized security
- Leverage Keycloak features to secure different application types
Implementing authentication and authorization for applications can be a daunting experience, often leaving them exposed to security vulnerabilities. Keycloak is an open-source solution for identity management and access management for modern applications.
Keycloak – Identity and Access Management for Modern Applications is a comprehensive introduction to Keycloak, helping you get started with using it and securing your applications. Complete with hands-on tutorials, best practices, and self-assessment questions, this easy-to-follow guide will show you how to secure a sample application and then move on to securing different application types. As you progress, you will understand how to configure and manage Keycloak as well as how to leverage some of its more advanced capabilities. Finally, you’ll gain insights into securely using Keycloak in production.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to install and manage Keycloak as well as how to secure new and existing applications.
What you will learn
- Understand how to install, configure, and manage Keycloak
- Secure your new and existing applications with Keycloak
- Gain a basic understanding of OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect
- Understand how to configure Keycloak to make it ready for production use
- Discover how to leverage additional features and how to customize Keycloak to fit your needs
- Get to grips with securing Keycloak servers and protecting applications