Author: Dhruv Shah, Ishan Girdhar
Pub Date: 2017
Size: 53 Mb
Over 70 recipes for system administrators or DevOps to master Kali Linux 2 and perform effective security assessments
With the increasing threats of breaches and attacks on critical infrastructure, system administrators and architects can use Kali Linux 2.0 to ensure their infrastructure is secure by finding out known vulnerabilities and safeguarding their infrastructure against unknown vulnerabilities.
This practical cookbook-style guide contains chapters carefully structured in three phases – information gathering, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing for the web, and wired and wireless networks. It’s an ideal reference guide if you’re looking for a solution to a specific problem or learning how to use a tool. We provide hands-on examples of powerful tools/scripts designed for exploitation.
In the final section, we cover various tools you can use during testing, and we help you create in-depth reports to impress management. We provide system engineers with steps to reproduce issues and fix them.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the importance of security assessments over merely setting up and managing systems/processes
- Familiarize yourself with tools such as OPENVAS to locate system and network vulnerabilities
- Discover multiple solutions to escalate privileges on a compromised machine
- Identify security anomalies in order to make your infrastructure secure and further strengthen it
- Acquire the skills to prevent infrastructure and application vulnerabilities
- Exploit vulnerabilities that require a complex setup with the help of Metasploit