Learn how to develop iOS 9 applications with Swift 2.2 using your Android & Java skills
This course takes a very structured approach of teaching Swift. Everything from “Hello World” to Protocol-Oriented Programming is covered. Students acquire skills rapidly through a deep-dive in the world of Swift and iOS development with three chapter projects.
All the projects are done from scratch, limiting the use of shortcuts so students can understand what’s really going on under the hood of Swift applications and can design them the way they want. Then with solid knowledge and understanding already in place, rapid prototyping methods are introduced in later parts of the course through the use of CocoaPods; a dependency manager very similar to Gradle dependency manager in Android development that allows the use of external libraries, called Pods, which streamlines the process of rapid development in a professional environment.
Some key features of this course are:
- Swift 2.2 programming from writing your first program to say “Hello World” to Protocol-Oriented Programming while building multiple chapter projects along the way
- iOS 9 Development using Xcode 7 IDE which takes the student through the principles of UI development and then teaching some advanced techniques to streamline the process.
- iOS MVC structure in-depth – Models, Views, Controllers
- How to persist your app’s data using CoreData
- Networking & Concurrency
- Workspace management with Synx
- Better networking with Alamofire CocoaPod
- Swifty parsing of JSON files using SwiftyJSON
By the end of this course, you will:
- Learn a new language and increase your value
- Understand and transfer knowledge from Android to iOS development
- Become a Complete Mobile App Developer
- Develop a library app with a catchy UI that persists data and handles networking requests
- Develop a sleek YouTube player app that parses a JSON request gracefully, handles concurrency with REST API requests, and plays your favourite YouTube videos without leaving your app.