English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-491-93669-6 | 337 Pages | PDF(conv), EPUB | 21 MB
With iOS 9 SDK during WWDC 2015, Apple introduced some very big changes, including the introduction of watchOS 2 which really changed how we interact, as programmers, with the ?Watch. Previously, almost all requests had to go to the companion iOS device from the watch and then served by the iOS app. With watchOS 2, the watch takes a lot more responsibilities and can update its content almost always by itself.
Among the new tools in iOS 9, there is a new UI Testing framework and the ability to write UI tests purely in Swift. iOS 9 Swift Programming Cookbook has a whole chapter dedicated to this subject so that you can get started with UI Testing in no time.
The philosophy of this edition of the book was to write content that is only relevant to iOS 9. The author did not reuse any material from the previous editions of the book, meaning that this book is entirely about iOS 9 subjects, including but not limited to the followings:
- Apple watchOS 2: so that you can create complications and standalone ?Watch apps
- UI Testing: using the new UI testing frameworks in iOS 9 SDK, written in pure Swift
- Extensions: learn how to create new Safari Content Blockers to block advertisements or obtrusive content
- Contacts: iOS 9 introduced two new frameworks that allows Swift programmers to use native Swift syntax to interface with the contacts database on the iOS device
- UI Dynamics: allowing programmers to create some dynamic effects on their UI, including radial gravity fields
- Multitasking: with this edition of the cookbook, you will learn how to create Picture in Picture functionalities in your app
- Swift 2, Xcode 7 and Interface Builder: the whole book is based on the awesome new features of Swift 2, Xcode 7 and Interface Builder