Get started quickly with Qt, the popular open source C++ framework for building C++-based applications and games. This book will have you building both fully functional desktop and mobile applications in no time, including some simple game applications.
Introducing Qt 6 begins by guiding you in setting up your tools and environment, and then walks you through the first “baby steps” of Qt framework. Next, you’ll learn the basics of how project and app structure are set up using Qt. Then, you’ll begin your first real hands-on projects using Qt, including a task and problem management application and two games.
As you progress, you can enhance these apps and games using additional Qt components and features. The book then delves into advanced topics in Qt, learning above and beyond what the Qt docs can offer, including local storage, C++ integration, deployment to Windows and Android, custom components and how to work with them.
Upon completing this book, you’ll come away knowing how to build a C++ application from design to deployment, top to bottom. And, you’ll have actual application and game examples that you can apply to your own work or hobby.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to build your first applications and games using Qt 6 framework
- Design, create, build and deploy your first Qt applications or games as finished products
- Explore local storage integration in theory and practice
- Cover deployment on Windows and on Android
- Integrate with C++ language to leverage additional functionality
- Dive into Custom Components and how to work with them
- Explore different project structures and more