English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1786464910 | 370 Pages | EPUB, MOBI, PDF (conv) | 18 MB
Over 90 practical, actionable recipes to automate, test, and manage your infrastructure quickly and effectively
Infrastructure as Code (IAC) is a key aspect of the DevOps movement, and this book will show you how to transform the way you work with your infrastructure―by treating it as software.
This book is dedicated to helping you discover the essentials of infrastructure automation and its related practices; the over 90 organized practical solutions will demonstrate how to work with some of the very best tools and cloud solutions.
You will learn how to deploy repeatable infrastructures and services on AWS, OpenStack, Google Cloud, and Digital Ocean. You will see both Ansible and Terraform in action, manipulate the best bits from cloud-init to easily bootstrap instances, and simulate consistent environments locally or remotely using Vagrant. You will discover how to automate and test a range of system tasks using Chef or Puppet. You will also build, test, and debug various Docker containers having developers’ interests in mind.
This book will help you to use the right tools, techniques, and approaches to deliver working solutions for today’s modern infrastructure challenges.
What You Will Learn
- Provision local and remote development environments with Vagrant
- Automate production infrastructures with Terraform, Ansible and Cloud-init on AWS, OpenStack, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, and more
- Manage and test automated systems using Chef and Puppet
- Build, ship, and debug optimized Docker containers
- Explore the best practices to automate and test everything from cloud infrastructures to operating system configuration
This book is for DevOps engineers and developers working in cross-functional teams or operations and would now switch to IAC to manage complex infrastructures.Homepage