A practical guide to establishing a risk-based, business-focused information security program to ensure organizational success
- Focus on business alignment, engagement, and support using risk-based methodologies
- Establish organizational communication and collaboration emphasizing a culture of security
- Implement information security program, cybersecurity hygiene, and architectural and engineering best practices
Information Security Handbook is a practical guide that’ll empower you to take effective actions in securing your organization’s assets. Whether you are an experienced security professional seeking to refine your skills or someone new to the field looking to build a strong foundation, this book is designed to meet you where you are and guide you toward improving your understanding of information security.
Each chapter addresses the key concepts, practical techniques, and best practices to establish a robust and effective information security program. You’ll be offered a holistic perspective on securing information, including risk management, incident response, cloud security, and supply chain considerations. This book has distilled years of experience and expertise of the author, Darren Death, into clear insights that can be applied directly to your organization’s security efforts. Whether you work in a large enterprise, a government agency, or a small business, the principles and strategies presented in this book are adaptable and scalable to suit your specific needs.
By the end of this book, you’ll have all the tools and guidance needed to fortify your organization’s defenses and expand your capabilities as an information security practitioner.
What you will learn
- Introduce information security program best practices to your organization
- Leverage guidance on compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Implement strategies to identify and mitigate potential security threats
- Integrate information security architecture and engineering principles across the systems development and engineering life cycle
- Understand cloud computing, Zero Trust, and supply chain risk management