Understand unique security patterns related to identity and access management, infrastructure, data and workload protection, compliance and posture management, and zero trust for your hybrid cloud deployments
- Secure cloud infrastructure, applications, data, and shift left security to create DevSecOps
- Explore patterns for continuous security, automated threat detection and accelerated incident response
- Leverage hybrid cloud security patterns for protecting critical data using a zero trust model
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in the PDF format
Security is a primary concern for enterprises going through digital transformation and accelerating their journey to multi-cloud environments. This book recommends a simple pattern-based approach to architecting, designing and implementing security for workloads deployed on AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and IBM Cloud.
The book discusses enterprise modernization trends and related security opportunities and challenges. You’ll understand how to implement identity and access management for your cloud resources and applications. Later chapters discuss patterns to protect cloud infrastructure (compute, storage and network) and provide protection for data at rest, in transit and in use. You’ll also learn how to shift left and include security in the early stages of application development to adopt DevSecOps. The book also deep dives into threat monitoring, configuration and vulnerability management, and automated incident response. Finally, you’ll discover patterns to implement security posture management backed with intelligence and automated protection to stay ahead of threats.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned all the hybrid cloud security patterns and be able to use them to create zero trust architecture that provides continuous security and compliance for your cloud workloads.
What you will learn
- Address hybrid cloud security challenges with a pattern-based approach
- Manage identity and access for users, services, and applications
- Use patterns for secure compute, network isolation, protection, and connectivity
- Protect data at rest, in transit and in use with data security patterns
- Understand how to shift left security for applications with DevSecOps
- Manage security posture centrally with CSPM
- Automate incident response with SOAR
- Use hybrid cloud security patterns to build a zero trust security model