English | 2014 | ISBN: 978-0735682634 | zosy3v57f Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Understand what every developer should know about performance when building Windows Store apps. Not designed as a comprehensive reference, this book instead zeroes in on the essentials of planning for great performance and provides a solid starting point for building fast apps.
This concise, performance-focused guide:
- Provides an introduction to the Windows platform from a performance point of view
- Describes how to set performance goals, establish tests to track performance, and covers tools to instrument code and analyze performance
- Explains why common techniques such as micro benchmarks and ad hoc testing often fall short in verifying performance
- Focuses on managed C#/XAML apps
- Although tools and techniques also apply to Visual Basic/XAML apps, all code examples use C#