Leverage Terraform’s capabilities to reuse code, write modules, automate deployments, and manage infrastructure state
- Perform complex enterprise-grade infrastructure deployments using Terraform v1.0, the latest version of Terraform
- Learn to scale your infrastructure without introducing added deployment complexities
- Understand how to overcome infrastructure deployment challenges
Terraform is a sought-after technology for orchestrating infrastructure provisioning. This book is a complete reference guide to enhancing your infrastructure automation skills, offering up-to-date coverage of the HashiCorp infrastructure automation certification exam.
This book is written in a clear and practical way with self-assessment questions and mock exams that will help you from the HashiCorp infrastructure automation certification exam perspective. This book covers end-to-end activities with Terraform such as installation, writing its configuration file, Terraform modules, backend configurations, data sources, infrastructure provisioning, and more. You’ll also get to grips with complex enterprise infrastructures and discover how to create thousands of resources with a single click. As you advance, you’ll get a clear understanding of maintaining infrastructure as code (IaC) in Repo/GitHub along with learning to create, modify, and remove infrastructure resources as and when needed. Finally, you’ll learn about the Terraform cloud and enterprise and their enhanced features.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a handy, on-the-job desktop reference guide along with everything you need to pass the HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate exam with confidence.
What you will learn
- Effectively maintain the lifecycle of your infrastructure
- Discover how to reuse Terraform code to provision any infrastructure
- Write Terraform modules on multiple cloud providers
- Use Terraform workflows with the Azure DevOps pipeline
- Write configuration files for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Discover ways to securely store Terraform state files
- Gain an overview of Terraform cloud and Terraform enterprise