Author: Kuldeep Chowhan
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 31 Mb
Hands-On Serverless Computing: Build, run and orchestrate serverless applications using AWS Lambda, Microsoft Azure Functions, and Google Cloud Functions
Deploy functions efficiently using different cloud-based serverless offerings
Serverless applications and architectures are gaining momentum and are increasingly being used by companies of all sizes. Serverless software takes care of many problems that developers face when running systems and servers, such as fault tolerance, centralized logging, horizontal scalability, and deployments.
You will learn how to harness serverless technology to rapidly reduce production time and minimize your costs, while still having the freedom to customize your code, without hindering functionality. Upon fnishing the book, you will have the knowledge and resources to build your own serverless application hosted in AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, and will have experienced the benefts of event-driven technology for yourself.
This hands-on guide dives into the basis of serverless architectures and how to build them using Node.js as a programming language, Visual Studio Code for code editing, and Postman for quickly and securely developing applications without the hassle of configuring and maintaining infrastructure on three public cloud platforms.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the benefts of serverless computing and know when to use it
- Develop serverless applications on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Get to grips with Function as a Service (FaaS)
- Apply triggers to serverless functions
- Build event-driven apps using serverless frameworks
- Use the Node.js programming language to build serverless apps
- Use code editors, such as Visual Studio Code, as development environments
- Master the best development practices for creating scalable and practical solutions