English | 2022 | ISBN: 979-8353247326 | 174 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Learn Golang Essentials in a Weekend!
Go is one of the most powerful, and yet the simplest, modern programming languages. We go through all important features of the modern Go programming language (as of 1.18 and 1.19 – 2022), including generics!!
- Go is a simple, easy to learn and use, beginner-friendly high-level programming language.
- Go is suitable for low-level systems programming, traditionally done by low level languages like C.
- Go is one of the most popular languages in modern Web services and application development.
- Go is one of the most widely used CLI application languages for system administration and network management.
- Go is fun!
Although the book is written as a reference, you can read it more or less from beginning to end and you should be able to get the overall picture of the Go language (but not necessarily all the gory details) if you have some prior experience with programming in Go or other similar C-style languages.
The book covers
- Go toolchain. Workspaces, modules.
- Go program execution model. Packages.
- Variable, constant declarations.
- Builtin types, builtin functions.
- Structs, interfaces. Generic types.
- Functions, methods. Generic functions.
- Expressions and statements.
The book also includes a bonus chapter on generics for people who are new to programming with the parameterized types.Homepage
Resolve the captcha to access the links!