English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484266915 | 369 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 14 MB
Leverage the power of Gatsby to quickly produce e-commerce sites that are efficient, fast, and secure. This project-oriented book simplifies the process of setting up a Gatsby e-commerce site from start to finish, providing a starting toolset that you can use to develop future projects and incorporate into your existing workflows.
You’ll learn to reduce reliance on tools that are bloated, prone to being hacked, and not the most efficient, and move over to the newest framework on the block. You’ll also see how to use the Gatsby framework to rapidly create and deploy e-commerce sites that are performant and secure, with the minimum of fuss.
Understand how to source data, build a catalog, add a blog, finesse your site (including performance), implement the checkout and payment processes with the help of third-party tools such as Stripe, and deploy to production. Finally, you’ll learn how to migrate existing WooCommerce sites to Gatsby, and adapt for mobile.
What You’ll Learn
- Implement e-commerce sites using Gatsby
- Explore some of the options for architecting an e-commerce site using this framework
- Gain an appreciation of pointers around maintenance requirements and ancillary needs (such as SEO)
- Compare your site to others that use different tools
- Work through a project from start to finish, understanding what can be achieved using Gatsby, and where other tools may need to be brought into play