Develop a web application while learning how to harness the capabilities of the web platform and advanced technologies for an exceptional user experience
- Create a full stack web application using cutting-edge technologies such as distributed edge deploy, Redis, and multi-region databases
- Unlock the full potential of the web platform to enhance your React dev experience
- Discover how Remix assists in building a seamless user experience from start to finish
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
This book guides you through Remix’s thoughtfully designed conventions, levers, and primitives to sharpen your web development skills. In this book, you’ll develop a personal finance management application—a dashboard that mimics both personal and enterprise use cases. Each chapter introduces new concepts, such as routing, data fetching, mutations, error handling, and state management, as well as advanced topics, such as real-time communication, edge deploys, and caching strategies to create a great user experience from end to end. As you apply each concept to the finance dashboard, you’ll discover how you can supercharge your React app with Remix. The final section of this book covers migration strategies, guiding you on how to transition an existing application to Remix.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a comprehensive understanding of Remix and the experience of building a full stack web app from start to finish.
What you will learn
- Understand Remix’s philosophy and guiding principles
- Enhance your web platform proficiency to make it applicable anywhere
- Master data mutations, routing, error handling, and state management with Remix
- Understand how to build web apps with accessibility and progressive enhancement in mind
- Get acquainted with advanced topics such as caching strategies, real-time communication, and developing for the edge
- Understand state-of-the-art technologies, such as serverless functions, edge computing, and Content
- Delivery Networks (CDNs)
- Study migration patterns to move an existing project to Remix