Get up and running with the Spring Boot and React stack – build an app from start to finish, test the frontend and backend, and deploy. Now with TypeScript code!
- Use Spring Boot 3 to create powerful, complex, and secure backends for your applications
- Leverage React to build slick, high-performance frontends
- Get introduced to TypeScript, Vite, and React Query for React development
If you’re an existing Java developer who wants to go full stack or pick up another frontend framework, this book is your concise introduction to React. In this three-part build-along, you’ll create a robust Spring Boot backend, a React frontend, and then deploy them together.
This new edition is updated to Spring Boot 3 and includes expanded content on security and testing. For the first time ever, it also covers React development with the in-demand TypeScript.
You’ll explore the elements that go into creating a REST API and testing, securing, and deploying your applications. You’ll learn about custom Hooks, third-party components, and MUI.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build a full stack application using the latest tools and modern best practices.
What you will learn
- Make fast and RESTful web services powered by Spring Data REST
- Create and manage databases using ORM, JPA, Hibernate, and more
- Explore the use of unit tests and JWTs with Spring Security
- Employ React Hooks, props, states, and more to create your frontend
- Harness the Material UI component library to customize your frontend
- Use the fetch API, Axios, and React Query for networking
- Add CRUD functionality to your apps Deploy your apps using AWS and Docker