English | 2015 | ISBN: 978-1-118-93512-5 | 600 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Exploring BeagleBone is a hands-on guide to bringing gadgets, gizmos, and robots to life using the popular BeagleBone embedded Linux platform. Comprehensive content and deep detail provide more than just a BeagleBone instruction manual–you’ll also learn the underlying engineering techniques that will allow you to create your own projects. The book begins with a foundational primer on essential skills, and then gradually moves into communication, control, and advanced applications using C/C++, allowing you to learn at your own pace. In addition, the book’s companion website features instructional videos, source code, discussion forums, and more, to ensure that you have everything you need.
The BeagleBone’s small size, high performance, low cost, and extreme adaptability have made it a favorite development platform, and the Linux software base allows for complex yet flexible functionality. The BeagleBone has applications in smart buildings, robot control, environmental sensing, to name a few; and, expansion boards and peripherals dramatically increase the possibilities. Exploring BeagleBone provides a reader-friendly guide to the device, including a crash course in computer engineering. While following step by step, you can:
- Get up to speed on embedded Linux, electronics, and programming
- Master interfacing electronic circuits, buses and modules, with practical examples
- Explore the Internet-connected BeagleBone and the BeagleBone with a display
- Apply the BeagleBone to sensing applications, including video and sound
- Explore the BeagleBone’s Programmable Real-Time Controllers
Resolve the captcha to access the links!