English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1492098713 | 216 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 14 MB
Combing the web is simple, but how do you search for data at work? It’s difficult and time-consuming, and can sometimes seem impossible. This book introduces a practical solution: the data catalog. Data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers will learn how to create true data discovery in their organizations, making the catalog a key enabler for data-driven innovation and data governance.
Author Ole Olesen-Bagneux explains the benefits of implementing a data catalog. You’ll learn how to organize data for your catalog, search for what you need, and manage data within the catalog. Written from a data management perspective and from a library and information science perspective, this book helps you:
- Learn what a data catalog is and how it can help your organization
- Organize data and its sources into domains and describe them with metadata
- Search data using very simple-to-complex search techniques and learn to browse in domains, data lineage, and graphs
- Manage the data in your company via a data catalog
- Implement a data catalog in a way that exactly matches the strategic priorities of your organization
- Understand what the future has in store for data catalogs
Resolve the captcha to access the links!