Author: Daniel Sipos
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 10 Mb
Learn to create and customize impressive Drupal 8 modules to extend your website’s functionalities
Drupal 8 comes with a release cycle that allows for new functionality to be added at a much faster pace. However, this also means code deprecations and changing architecture that you need to stay on top of. This book updates the first edition and includes the new functionality introduced in versions up to, and including 8.7.
The book will first introduce you to the Drupal 8 architecture and its subsystems before diving into creating your first module with basic functionality. You will work with the Drupal logging and mailing systems, learn how to output data using the theme layer and work with menus and links programmatically. Then, you will learn how to work with different kinds of data storages, create custom entities, field types and leverage the Database API for lower level database queries.
By the end, you will have learned how to develop your own custom module that can provide complex business solutions. And who knows, maybe you’ll even contribute it back to the Drupal community.
Foreword by Dries Buytaert, founder of Drupal.
What you will learn
- Develop Drupal 8 modules that do all the things you want
- Master numerous Drupal 8 sub-systems and APIs in the process
- Model, store, manipulate and process data to serve your purposes
- Display data and content in a clean and secure way using the Drupal 8 theme system
- Test your business logic to prevent regressions
- Stay ahead of the curve and write code following the current best practices