English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1484271636 | 322 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 18 MB
Increasingly, business leaders are either looking to start a new developer program at their company or looking to increase the impact of their existing DevRel program. In this context, software developers are finally recognized as legitimate decision makers in the technology buying process, regardless of the size of their organization. New companies are appearing with the sole purpose of making tools for developers, and even companies whose primary focus was elsewhere are waking up to the developer opportunity. Even as the need and demand for DevRel has grown, there are still re-occurring challenges for DevRel leaders.
It is these challenges that this book addresses, covering all aspects of a DevRel program. It is an essential reference to professionalize the practice of developer relations by providing you with strategic, repeatable, and adoptable frameworks, processes, and tools, including developer segmentation and personas, and developer experience frameworks.
In Developer Relations, you’ll find the answers to the following questions:
- How do we convince stakeholders to support a program?
- How do we go about creating a program?
- How do we make developers aware of our offer?
- How do we stand out from the crowd?
- How do we get developers to use our products?
- How do we ensure developers are successful using our products?
- How do we measure success?
- How do we maintain the support of our stakeholders?
After reading this book you’ll have a clear definition of what developer relations is, the type of companies that engage in DevRel, and the scope and business models involved.
What You Will Learn
- Discover what developer relations is and how it contributes to a company’s success
- Launch a DevRel program
- Operate a successful program
- Measure the success of your program
- Manage stakeholders