Author: Andy Kirk
Pub Date: 2016
Size: 48 Mb
Unleash the power of data by creating interactive, engaging, and compelling visualizations for the web
Do you want to create more attractive charts? Or do you have huge data sets and need to unearth the key insights in a visual manner? Data visualization is the representation and presentation of data, using proven design techniques to bring alive the patterns, stories, and key insights that are locked away.
This learning path is divided into three modules. The first module will equip you with the key techniques required to overcome contemporary data visualization challenges.
In third module, Learning d3.js Data Visualization, will lead you to D3, which has emerged as one of the leading platforms to develop beautiful, interactive visualizations over the web.
By the end of this course, you will have unlocked the mystery behind successful data visualizations.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Data Visualization: a successful design process by Andy Kirk
- Learning d3.js Data Visualization, Second Edition by Ændrew Rininsland and Swizec Teller
What You Will Learn
- Harness the power of D3 by building interactive and real-time data-driven web visualizations
- Identify the purpose of your visualization and your project’s parameters to determine overriding design considerations across your project’s execution
- Apply critical thinking to visualization design and get intimate with your dataset to identify its potential visual characteristics
- Explore the various features of HTML5 to design creative visualizations
- Discover what data is available on Stack Overflow, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
- Gain a solid understanding of the common D3 development idioms