Author: Kelvin Lau
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 31 Mb
Learn Data Structures & Algorithms in Swift!
Data structures and algorithms form the basis of computer programming and are the starting point for anyone looking to become a software engineer. Choosing the right data structure and algorithm involves understanding the many details and trade-offs of using them, which can be time-consuming to learn — and confusing.
This is where this book, Data Structures & Algorithms in Swift, comes to the rescue! In this book, you’ll learn the nuts and bolts of how fundamental data structures and algorithms work by using easy-to-follow tutorials, loaded with illustrations; you’ll also learn by working in Swift playground code.
This book is for developers who know the basics of Swift syntax and want a better theoretical understanding of what data structures and algorithms are in order to build more complex programs or ace a whiteboard interview.
Topics Covered in Data Structures & Algorithms in Swift
- Basic data structures and algorithm including stacks, queues and linked lists.
- How protocols can be used to generalize algorithms.
- How to leverage the algorithms of the Swift standard library with your own data structures.
- Trees, tries and graphs.
- Building algorithms on top of other primitives.
- A complete spectrum of sorting algorithms from simple to advanced.
- How to think about algorithmic complexity.
- Finding shortest paths, traversals, subgraphs and much more.
After reading this book, you’ll have a solid foundation on data structures and algorithms and be ready to elegantly solve more complex problems in your apps.