English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1803248028 | 356 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 71 MB
Save time analyzing volumes of data using best practices to extract, model, and create insights from your data
- Master best practices in data modeling with Tableau Prep Builder and Tableau Desktop
- Apply Tableau Server and Cloud to create and extend data models
- Build organizational data models based on data and content governance best practices
Tableau is unlike most other BI platforms that have a single data modeling tool and enterprise data model (for example, LookML from Google’s Looker). That doesn’t mean Tableau doesn’t have enterprise data governance; it is both robust and very flexible. This book will help you build a data-driven organization with the proper use of Tableau governance models.
Data Modeling with Tableau is an extensive guide, complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts, practical examples, and hands-on exercises. As you progress through the chapters, you will learn the role that Tableau Prep Builder and Tableau Desktop each play in data modeling. You’ll also explore the components of Tableau Server and Cloud that make data modeling more robust, secure, and performant. Moreover, by extending data models for Ask and Explain Data, you’ll gain the knowledge required to extend analytics to more people in their organizations, leading to better data-driven decisions. Finally, this book will get into the entire Tableau stack and get the techniques required to build the right level of governance into Tableau data models for the right use cases.
By the end of this Tableau book, you’ll have a firm understanding of how to leverage data modeling in Tableau to benefit your organization.
What you will learn
- Showcase Tableau published data sources and embedded connections
- Apply Ask Data in data cataloging and natural language query
- Exhibit features of Tableau Prep Builder with hands-on exercises
- Model data with Tableau Desktop through examples
- Formulate a governed data strategy using Tableau Server and Cloud
- Optimize data models for Ask and Explain Data
Resolve the captcha to access the links!