An accessible guide for beginner-to-intermediate programmers to the concepts, real-world applications, and latest features of C# 12 and .NET 8, with hands-on exercises using Visual Studio 2022 and Visual Studio Code.
- Explore the latest additions to C# 12, the .NET 8 class libraries, and Entity Framework Core 8
- Create professional websites and services with ASP.NET Core 8 and Blazor
- Build your confidence with step-by-step code examples and tips for best practices
This latest edition of the bestselling Packt series will give you a solid foundation to start building projects using modern C# and .NET with confidence.
You’ll learn about object-oriented programming; writing, testing, and debugging functions; and implementing interfaces. You’ll take on .NET APIs for managing and querying data, working with the fi lesystem, and serialization. As you progress, you’ll explore examples of cross-platform projects you can build and deploy, such as websites and services using ASP.NET Core.
This latest edition integrates .NET 8 enhancements into its examples: type aliasing and primary constructors for concise and expressive code. You’ll handle errors robustly through the new built-in guard clauses and explore a simplified implementation of caching in ASP.NET Core 8.
If that’s not enough, you’ll also see how native ahead-of-time (AOT) compiler publish lets web services reduce memory use and run faster. You’ll work with the seamless new HTTP editor in Visual Studio 2022 to enhance the testing and debugging process. You’ll even get introduced to Blazor Full Stack with its new unified hosting model for unparalleled web development flexibility.
What you will learn
- Discover C# 12’s new features, including aliasing any type and primary constructors
- Try out the native AOT publish capability for ASP.NET Core 8 Minimal APIs web services
- Build rich web experiences using Blazor Full Stack, Razor Pages, and other ASP.NET Core features
- Integrate and update databases in your apps using Entity Framework Core models
- Query and manipulate data using LINQ
- Build and consume powerful services using Web API and Minimal API