Exploring techniques and tools and best practices used in the real world.
- Explore private and public key-based solutions and their applications in the real world.
- Learn about security protocols implemented at various TCP/IP stack layers.
- Insight on types of ciphers, their modes, and implementation issues..
Cryptography and Network Security teaches you everything about cryptography and how to make its best use for both, network and internet security. To begin with, you will learn to explore security goals, the architecture, its complete mechanisms, and the standard operational model.
You will learn some of the most commonly used terminologies in cryptography such as substitution, and transposition. While you learn the key concepts, you will also explore the difference between symmetric and asymmetric ciphers, block and stream ciphers, and monoalphabetic and polyalphabetic ciphers. This book also focuses on digital signatures and digital signing methods, AES encryption processing, public key algorithms, and how to encrypt and generate MACs. You will also learn about the most important real-world protocol called Kerberos and see how public key certificates are deployed to solve public key-related problems. Real-world protocols such as PGP, SMIME, TLS, and IPsec Rand 802.11i are also covered in detail.
What you will learn
- Describe and show real-world connections of cryptography and applications of cryptography and secure hash functions.
- How one can deploy User Authentication, Digital Signatures, and AES Encryption process.
- How the real-world protocols operate in practice and their theoretical implications.
- Describe different types of ciphers, exploit their modes for solving problems, and finding their implementation issues in system security.