Build a variety of dynamic projects and beautiful UIs as you explore the power of Flutter for the web, desktop, and mobile
- Discover state management solutions with InheritedWidget and the Provider package
- Create responsive and beautiful UIs with the Material and Cupertino libraries
- Explore animations, forms, gestures, and backend integration with Supabase
Flutter is a UI toolkit for building beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, desktop, and embedded devices from a single code base. With Flutter, you can write your code once and run it anywhere using a single code base to target multiple platforms. This book is a comprehensive, project-based guide for new and emerging Flutter developers that will help empower you to build bulletproof applications.
Once you start reading book, you’ll quickly realize what sets Flutter apart from its competition and establish some of the fundamentals of the toolkit. As you work on various project applications, you’ll understand just how easy Flutter is to use for building stunning UIs. This book covers navigation strategies, state management, advanced animation handling, and the two main UI design styles: Material and Cupertino. It’ll help you extend your knowledge with good code practices, UI testing strategies, and CI setup to constantly keep your repository’s quality at the highest level possible.
By the end of this book, you’ll feel confident in your ability to transfer the lessons from the example projects and build your own Flutter applications for any platform you wish.
What you will learn
- Create responsive and attractive UIs for any device
- Get to grips with caching and widget trees and learn some framework performance tips
- Manage state using Flutter’s InheritedWidget system
- Orchestrate the app flow with Navigator 1.0 and 2.0
- Explore the Material and Cupertino built-in themes
- Breathe life into your apps with animations
- Improve code quality with golden tests, CI setup, and linter rules