English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-0-13-417730-4 | 1040 Pages | PDF | 24 MB
Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java®, Volume I—Fundamentals, Tenth Edition, has been extensively updated to reflect the most eagerly awaited and innovative version of Java in years: Java SE 8. Rewritten and reorganized to illuminate new Java SE 8 features, idioms, and best practices, it contains hundreds of example programs—all carefully crafted for easy understanding and practical applicability.
Writing for serious programmers solving real-world problems, Cay Horstmann helps you achieve a deep understanding of the Java language and library. In this first volume of the two-volume work, Horstmann focuses on fundamental language concepts and the foundations of modern user interface programming. You’ll find in-depth coverage of topics ranging from Java object-oriented programming to generics, collections, lambda expressions, Swing UI design, and the latest approaches to concurrency and functional programming. This guide will help you
- Leverage your existing programming knowledge to quickly master core Java syntax
- Understand how encapsulation, classes, and inheritance work in Java
- Master interfaces, inner classes, and lambda expressions for functional programming
- Improve program robustness with exception handling and effective debugging
- Write safer, more readable programs with generics and strong typing
- Use pre-built collections to collect multiple objects for later retrieval
- Master concurrent programming techniques from the ground up
- Build modern cross-platform GUIs with standard Swing components
- Deploy configurable applications and applets, and deliver them across the Internet
- Simplify concurrency and enhance performance with new functional techniques
Resolve the captcha to access the links!