Author: Ian Neil
Pub Date: 2020
Size: 10 Mb
Learn from Ian Neil, one of the world’s top CompTIA Security+ trainers in the world, and enhance your analytical skills to pass the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam
CompTIA Security+ is a core security certification that will validate your baseline skills for a career in cybersecurity. Passing this exam will not only help you identify security incidents but will also equip you to resolve them efficiently. This book builds on the popular CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide, which mirrors the SY0-501 exam pattern.
This practice test-based guide covers all six domains of the Security+ SY0-501 exam: threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities; technologies and tools; architecture and design; identity and access management; cryptography and PKI; and risk management. You’ll take six mock tests designed as per the official Security+ certification exam pattern, each covering significant aspects from an examination point of view. For each domain, the book provides a dedicated cheat sheet that includes important concepts covered in the test. You can even time your tests to simulate the actual exam. These tests will help you identify gaps in your knowledge and discover answers to tricky exam questions.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed and enhanced the skills necessary to pass the official CompTIA Security+ exam.
What you will learn
- Understand how prepared you are for the CompTIA Security+ certification
- Identify different types of security threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- Explore identity and access management in an enterprise environment
- Protect your business tools and platforms from cyberattacks
- Create and maintain a secure network
- Understand how you can protect your data
- Discover encryption techniques required to protect against various cyber threat scenarios