Revised for the 2015 update to the CompTIA Linux+/LPIC-1 objectives, this value-packed exam guide covers the leading vendor-neutral credential for Linux and comes with a virtual machine configured for hands-on exercises, video training, and hundreds of practice exam questions.
Get complete coverage of all the objectives included on CompTIA Linux+ exams LX0-103 and LX0-104 and LPIC-1 exams 101-400 and 102-400 from this up-to-date resource. Written by a Linux expert and technology trainer, the book provides learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, and in-depth answer explanations. Designed to help you pass these challenging exams, this definitive volume also serves as an essential on-the-job reference.
Covers all exam topics, including how to:
- Work with the Linux shell
- Use the vi text editor
- Manage Linux files and directories
- Install Linux and manage the boot process
- Configure the graphical environment
- Manage software and hardware
- Manage users, groups, file systems, and processes
- Administer ownership, permissions, and quotas
- Write shell scripts
- Manage network settings and services
- Secure Linux and use encryption