English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 21 Hours | 4.05 GB
eLearning | Skill level: All Levels
Master WordPress with this Complete WordPress Course, without learning how to code and without any programming!
It’s probably no surprise to you that the WordPress community has thousands of really talented and creative developers, designers and technologists working within it. And you may know that much of their work is available as open-source resources that will enable you to build your own business.
The open-source philosophy doesn’t mean that no one makes any money. On the contrary, by sharing much of what we, as a community, create, we all prosper much, much more, because we all share in expanding what’s possible with WordPress.
By spending zero-to-little money, you can stand on the shoulders of those who came before you, to create your own business niche, by learning the skills and secrets presented in this course.
Summary of what you’ll get
- Over 20 hours of video teaching and training.
- Learn to set up local development environments to play with WordPress websites in private, on your own computer.
- Evaluate and choose hosting for your own websites and client sites, with insights from 15 years of hosting client websites.
- Free extended hosting trials at SiteGround and Flywheel for performing coursework and hosting your website experiments.
- Premium Products WordPress Sandbox, where you can play with many premium WordPress resources, like Genesis Framework and Themes, WPMUDev Plugins, and other premium tools.
- Your Website Sandbox lets you create an unlimited number of experimental learning environments.
- Build more than 10 modern mobile-responsive websites, each with a different focus and learning purpose – each one could be re-purposed for a client website.
- Active and helpful community and forum.
What will I learn that I can apply to creating a profitable business right away?
- Download and configure free open-source software tools and use online services to build the resources you need to create and manage WordPress websites.
- Master the ins-and-outs of hosting and development environments, including servers, files, and databases that WordPress uses.
- Learn how to get into the WordPress files and database to manually manage installation and troubleshooting for WordPress websites.
- Build a simple brochure website after installing and configuring WordPress manually.
- Add contact forms, Google Maps embedded in the site, and Google Analytics integrations for tracking visitors and traffic.
- Create a blog-style website, including category and tag navigation systems, and post formats for organizing content.
How about more advanced topics I’ll need?
- WordPress website migration and moving sites to different hosts and servers.
- Hosting differences and migration services.
- Using staging areas for website development and updating.
- Working with Theme Frameworks and Child Themes.
- Creating a Child Theme manually and using a plugin.
- Customizing the WordPress Dashboard for clients.
- Working with plugins, and vetting them for usability, reputation and longevity.
- Website Speed and Performance testing.
- Custom Post Types for customizing a website’s functionality to match the needs of a client.
- Working with and extending Genesis Child Themes.
- Setting up email systems: transactional email sent by WordPress, marketing email sent to email lists in bulk, and specific email addresses at website domains.
- ECommerce and WordPress: using WooCommerce to build a webstore, and using Custom Post Types within WooCommerce.
- Customizing Account, Cart, and Checkout pages.
- Shipping and Digital Delivery.
- Updating WordPress, Themes and Plugins.
- Managing multiple websites for recurring income.
- Creating multiple backup and restore systems.
- Using website security through https:// and SSL Certificates.
Landing, managing, and keeping great clients
- Finding clients and building client proposals
- Website care and management services for recurring income.
- Client billing for flat-rate projects and recurring charges.
Chapter 1 – About this Course
1 What You Need for this Course
2 What Youll Learn in this Course
3 WordPress Business Basics – Tools
4 Resource List for your Toolbox
Chapter 2 – Prepare Hosting Servers and Install WordPress
5 Hosting and Local Development Environments
6 Your First WordPress Website – using Local by Flywheel
7 Local by Flywheel – Files and Database Structure
8 Manual WordPress Installation using Local by Flywheel
9 Website Hosting and Development Options
10 Your Free SiteGround Hosting Account
11 Your Free Flywheel Hosting Account
12 Install WordPress Manually
13 Explore WordPress Files and Database
14 Student Sandbox Code
15 Get Your Sandbox
16 WordPress Defaults
Chapter 3 – Build a Brochure Site
17 Create a New WordPress Installation
18 Salts and Plugins
19 Static Homepage and Posts
20 Interior Pages Navigation and Sidebar
21 Configure Contact Form
22 New rules for Google Maps – Get your API Key
23 Configure Google Maps
24 Configure Google Analytics
Chapter 4 – Build a Blog Style Homepage Site
25 Modify Homepage and Import Sample
26 Change Theme and Modify Homepage
27 Revise Navigation Header and Footer
28 Categories and Category Navigation
29 Tags and Tag Navigation
30 Post Formats and Finishing Up
Chapter 5 – Migrating WordPress for Staging and Development
31 Site Migration using Plugins
32 Migrate a Site Manually
33 Hosting Differences and Migration Services
34 Migrate a Live Site to Local Staging
35 Change Theme and Update Live Site
Chapter 6 – Premium Themes Frameworks and Child Themes
36 Why Premium Themes
37 Frameworks and Child Themes
38 Create a Child Theme Manually
39 Create a Child Theme Using a Plugin
40 Change the Admin Dashboard
41 Genesis Child Themes in the Sandbox
42 More Genesis Child Theme Edits
43 Code Snippets and WP Clips Plugins
Chapter 7 – Premium Plugins and Choosing Plugins
44 Premium Plugins at WPMUDev.org
45 Envato Market for Premium Plugins
46 Choosing Plugins from the Repository
47 Premium vs. Lite Plugin Soliloquy Slider
48 Premium Plugins in the Sandbox
Chapter 8 – Build a Specialized Homepage Site Corporate Style
49 Executive Pro Import Demo Content
50 Genesis Homepage Widget Areas
51 Special CSS Classes in Genesis Themes
52 Navigation Header and Footer
53 Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
54 Featured Post Widgets and Blog Archive
55 Contact Form and Customizations
Chapter 9 – Build a Scrolling Homepage Site
56 Activate and Explore Cafe Pro Theme
57 Scrolling Navigation with Anchor Tags
58 Affinity Theme Scrolling Homepage
59 Cafe Pro Homepage Widget Layouts
60 How I customized the Cafe Pro Homepage
61 Custom Post Types with Custompress
62 Implement Your Custom Post Types
63 Homepage Content and Conditional Widgets
Chapter 10 – Custom Post Types with the Author Pro Plugin
64 Set Up Author Pro Theme and Plugin
65 Frontend Display of Author Pro CPT
66 Author Pro Homepage and Book Widgets
67 Further Author Pro Customizations
68 Book Cover using the PSD Template
69 Change Themes Preserving CPT Data
Chapter 11 – Email Systems Transactional Marketing and SendReceive at domains
70 Two Types of Internal Email Transactional and Marketing
71 Email Addresses at Private Domains
72 Transactional Email Setup with Google
73 Transactional Email Setup with SendGrid
74 Transactional Email Setup with SparkPost
75 Mailchimp Marketing and Autoresponders
76 Mailchimp Signup Forms and Opt-in System
77 Mailchimp Emails and Thank You Pages
78 Sandbox form with Genesis Enews Extended
79 Mailchimp and WordPress User Synchronization
Chapter 12 – Build an Ecommerce Site
80 WooCommerce Plugin Settings
81 Custom Post Types in WooCommerce
82 Account Cart and Checkout Pages
83 Payment Systems and Inventory
84 Shipping and Digital Delivery
85 Free Product and Store Customizations
86 Marketing List Sync and Store Emails
Chapter 13 – Managing Updates Security and Speed
87 WordPress Core Updates
88 Plugin and Theme Updates
89 Managing Multiple Websites
90 Changes to Login and Authentication Plugins
91 Hosting and Third Party Security Services
92 Security Plugins and Monitoring
93 Multiple Backups and Restore Systems
94 Using https and SSL Certificates
Chapter 14 – Proposals Maintenance Plans and Client Billing
95 Website Proposals that Win Clients
96 Website Care Plans Recurring Income