Get up and running with Roblox environment and Luau programming basics to build and share your games
Includes an exclusive invite to join the online Roblox game development community
- Begin coding in Luau: build player avatars, battlefields, game physics, countdown timers and more
- Learn tips, tricks, best practices, and advanced Roblox coding techniques to create 3D games
- Join the book club to discuss queries, provide solutions, and ask Zander for advice on your games
Roblox is a huge entertainment platform like no other for both playing and creating games. With over 200 million monthly active users, Roblox has enabled new and experienced developers to create successful games, often called experiences, that can be played globally at no cost.
Coding Roblox Games Made Easy, 2nd Edition, builds a solid foundation of the concepts you need to embark on the journey of building two end-to-end games in Roblox in increasing order of complexity.
For the first game, you will create obstacles and traps for an obstacle course game (obby) and overcome them to win the game alongside other players and earn rewards. In the next game, you will manage player avatars, their weapons, a battlefield and add programming logic for the players to find their weapons and fight, with a reward for the last player standing.
Finally, you’ll delve into the logistics of game production, focusing on optimizing your games’ performance by implementing impressive mechanics, monetization, and marketing practices. We will also discuss how the Metaverse is set to change the dynamics of user experience and what the future holds for Roblox game developers.
Let’s create and share experiences through play!
What you will learn
- Understand how to use Roblox Studio and other free resources
- Learn how to code in Luau: basics, game systems, physics manipulation, etc.
- Test, evaluate, and redesign to create bug-free and engaging games
- Use Roblox programming and rewards to make your first game
- Move from a lobby to a battleground, build avatars and create weapons with which to fight
- Master the three Ms: Mechanics, Monetization, Marketing
- Learn 50 cool things to do on Roblox