Get started on Cloud services – architecture and infrastructure!
Cloud Essentials (Video Course) is the one course you need to get started on Cloud services. It is a full comprehensive guide to learning basic cloud operations fundamentals and an introduction to the basics of the Cloud. Cloud services are some of the most popular subjects for technology professionals, and this video will provide you with a foundational understanding of different cloud offerings and implementation patterns.
Jump into the basics of cloud ecosystems and the language used to describe the various services and features. In this course, you learn the different aspects of applications workloads, which include solution design and resource deployment. You also gain an understanding of how to perform operations on cloud resources, including patching and gradual optimization to meet performance requirements. At the end of the course, dive into business continuity, specifically in backups and disaster recovery.
The course is divided into 12 lessons categorized under 6 modules. The modules are Cloud Definitions, Cloud Economics and Workload Design, Cloud Security, Cloud Resources, Cloud Operations and Optimization, and Cloud Business Continuity.
This master course includes lessons from
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01)
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Complete Video Course
- Cloud Definitions: Defines the Cloud and explains the advantages of using cloud models for technology infrastructure. The module also discusses different cloud models and why each can be used to meet requirements.
- Cloud Economics and Workload Design: Shows how economics and workload design function in the cloud. Both topics are important and differ greatly from the same types of actions performed in an on-premises data center.
- Cloud Security: Security is important in any infrastructure, and while there are some familiar security patterns, the Cloud offers new services and features to meet those requirements.
- Cloud Resources: Covers different deploying resource types, including compute, network, storage, and database.
- Cloud Operations and Optimization: Operations are initiated by monitoring and alerts, and even the configuration of monitoring can be very different than on-premises data centers.
- Cloud Business Continuity: Discusses business continuity implementation patterns in the Cloud.
Learn How To
- Understand the basics of cloud terminology, including Cloud Economics and Cloud Architecture Design Principles
- Understand Cloud Value Proposition and Cloud Business Value
- Understand the importance of Cloud Security
- Understand different cloud deployment patterns
- Solve customer-needed requirements with the deployment or operation of a core infrastructure service
- Deploy and automate secure cloud environments
- Support the high availability of business systems and data
- Choose appropriate cloud infrastructure models based on technical requirements
Table of Contents
Cloud Essentials Introduction
Lesson 1 Cloud Value Proposition
AWS Cloud Definition
Cloud Value Proposition–Part 1
Cloud Value Proposition–Part 2
Cloud Business Value
Lesson 2 Cloud Models
Shared Responsibility Model
Requirements and Templates
Licensing and Analysis
Lesson 3 Cloud Economics
Total Cost of Ownership
CapEx vs OpEx
On-premises (KTLO) Operations
Lesson 4 Solution Design
Lesson 5 Identity and Access Management
Access Management Types
Secrets and Keys
Lesson 6 Cloud Network Security
Lesson 7 Security and Compliance Controls
Application Build Types
Data Integrity and Classification
Data Access and Lifecycle Policies
Lesson 8 Cloud Solutions and Migration
Cloud Resource Deployment
Cloud Resource Types
Cloud Migration Classifications
Lesson 9 Cloud Infrastructure Resources
Storage Types and Tiers
Storage Protocols and RAID
Storage Features and Monitoring
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Routing and Network Appliances
Compute Resource Types
Lesson 10 Cloud Monitoring and Operations
Change and Asset Management
Dashboards and Reporting
Lesson 11 Cloud Optimization
Cloud Resource Placement
Lesson 12 Cloud Backups and DR
Backup Objects and Targets
Backup and Restore Policies
Disaster Recovery Requirements
Disaster Recovery Strategies
Disaster Recovery Documentation
Module 1 Cloud Definitions
Module 2 Cloud Economics and Workload Design
Module 3 Cloud Security
Module 4 Cloud Resources
Module 5 Cloud Operations and Optimization
Module 6 Cloud Business Continuity
Cloud Essentials Summary