English | 2013 | ISBN: 978-0-07-181231-3 | 816 Pages | EPUB | 12 MB
Cisco networking essentials—made easy!
Get a solid foundation in Cisco products and technologies from this fully updated bestseller. Covering the latest solutions, Cisco: A Beginner’s Guide, Fifth Edition shows you, step-by-step, how to design, build, and manage custom networks. Learn how to configure hardware, use IOS commands, set up wireless networks, and secure your systems. You’ll also get tips on preparing for Cisco certification exams. Brand-new voice and social networking features, Cisco TelePresence, the cloud-based Cisco Unified Computing System, and more are fully covered in this practical resource.
- Understand Cisco networking and Internet basics
- Connect and configure routers and switches
- Work with TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet technologies
- Maintain your network through IOS and IOS XR
- Handle security using firewalls, Adaptive Security Appliances, SecureX, TrustSec, and other tools
- Virtualize hardware and migrate resources to a private cloud
- Manage wireless networks with Aironet and Airespace
- Deliver VoIP, video, and social networking services
- Design, administer, and tune a Cisco enterprise network
- Identify and repair performance issues and bottlenecks