English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78328-888-5 | 406 Pages | EPUB, MOBI, PDF (conv) | 23 MB
Deploy and manage today’s essential services on an enterprise-class, open operating system
CentOS is derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) sources and is widely used as a Linux server. This book will help you to better configure and manage Linux servers in varying scenarios and business requirements.
Starting with installing CentOS, this book will walk you through the networking aspects of CentOS. You will then learn how to manage users and their permissions, software installs, disks, filesystems, and so on. You ll then see how to secure connection to remotely access a desktop and work with databases. Toward the end, you will find out how to manage DNS, e-mails, web servers, and more. You will also learn to detect threats by monitoring network intrusion. Finally, the book will cover virtualization techniques that will help you make the most of CentOS.
What you will learn
- See how to deploy CentOS easily and painlessly, even in multi-server environments
- Configure various methods of remote access to the server so you don t always have to be in the data center
- Make changes to the default configuration of many services to harden them and increase the security of the system
- Learn to manage DNS, emails and web servers
- Protect yourself from threats by monitoring and logging network intrusion and system intrusion attempts, rootkits, and viruses
- Take advantage of today s powerful hardware by running multiple systems using virtualization