Author: Dirk Strauss, Jas Rademeyer
Pub Date: 2018
Size: 70 Mb
Leverage the features of C# 7 and .NET core 2.0 to build real-world .NET core applications
NET Core is a general purpose, modular, cross-platform, and open source implementation of .NET. With the latest release of .NET Core, many more APIs are expected to show up, which will make APIs consistent across .Net Framework, .NET Core, and Xamarin. This step-by-step guide will teach you the essential .NET Core and C# concepts with the help of real-world projects.
The book starts with a brief introduction to the latest features of C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 before moving on to explain how C# 7 can be implemented using the object-oriented paradigm. You’ll learn to work with relational data using Entity Framework and see how to use ASP.NET Core practically. This book will show you how .NET Core allows the creations of cross-platform applications.
You’ll also learn about SignalR to add real-time functionality to your application. Then you will see how to use MongoDB and how to implement MongoDB into your applications. You’ll learn about serverless computing and OAuth concepts, along with running ASP.NET Core applications with Docker Compose.
This project-based guide uses practical applications to demonstrate these concepts. By the end of the book, you’ll be profcient in developing applications using .NET Core 2.0
What You Will Learn
- How to incorporate Entity Framework Core to build ASP .NET Core MVC applications
- Get hands-on experience with SignalR, and NuGet packages
- Working with MongoDB in your ASP.NET Core MVC application
- Get hands-on experience with .NET Core MVC, Middleware, Controllers, Views, Layouts, Routing, and OAuth
- Implementing Azure Functions and learn what Serverless computing means
- See how .NET Core enables cross-platform applications that run on Windows, macOS and Linux
- Running a .NET Core MVC application with Docker Compose