The professional programmer’s Deitel guide to C# 6 and object-oriented development for Windows.
Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, C# 6 for Programmers applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores Microsoft’s C# 6 and .NET in depth. Concepts are presented in the context of 170+ fully coded and tested apps, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs, program outputs and hundreds of savvy software-development tips.
Start with an introduction to C# using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including LINQ, asynchronous programming with async and await and more. You’ll enjoy the treatment of object-oriented programming and an object-oriented design/UML ATM case study, including a complete C# implementation. When you’ve mastered the book, you’ll be ready to start building industrial-strength, object-oriented C# apps.
Paul Deitel and Harvey Deitel are the founders of Deitel & Associates, Inc., the internationally recognized programming languages authoring and corporate training organization. Millions of people worldwide have used Deitel textbooks, professional books, LiveLessons™ video products, e-books, resource centers and REVEL™ interactive multimedia courses with integrated labs and assessment to master major programming languages and platforms, including C#, C++, C, Java™, Android™ app development, iOS app development, Swift™, Visual Basic, Python™ and Internet and web programming.
- Use with Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Integrated coverage of new C# 6 functionality: string interpolation, expression-bodied methods and properties, auto-implemented property initializers, getter-only properties, nameof, null-
- conditional operator, exception filters and more.
- Entertaining and challenging code examples.
- Deep treatment of classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism and interfaces.
- Generics, LINQ and generic collections; PLINQ (Parallel LINQ) for multicore performance.
- Asynchronous programming with async and await; functional programming with lambdas, delegates and immutability.
- Files; relational database with LINQ to Entities.
- Object-oriented design ATM case study with full code implementation.
- Emphasis on performance and software engineering principles.