Acquire practical experience and skills in designing databases using Redis
Redis has been used as a supportive database management system for years, although it is capable of being used as a type of main storage managing data consistency and high-load resilience. It is a simple-to-use database management system with transparent data structures and commands that predict queries, and extremely fast execution time.
This video course is a great way to get acquainted with the Redis database. Take a journey from simple data architectures presented with key-value storage of strings to other topics including hash maps, lists, sets, and more. You will become familiar with a broad range of Redis commands, ways to configure and secure Redis servers, and learn how to scale your databases horizontally and vertically. Finally, you will understand how to set up reliable clusters, administrate them, and add your own commands to Redis using the Lua programming language.
By the end of the course, you will know how to make use of all of Redis’ features, from programming to administrative features, allowing you to design production-ready storage.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the correct way to install Redis to make the most of the supplied toolset
- Operate on Redis-stored data structures using Redis commands to build complex data architectures
- Use the command-line client and database server to interact with Redis
- Grasp horizontal and vertical scaling of the database to resolve failover problems
- Create your own commands using Lua to make complex server-side operations
- Monitor Redis activities and make your database secure for smooth administration