Blockchain is a type of distributed ledger technology that consists of a growing list of records that are securely linked together using cryptography and numerous applications in every field, including healthcare. Blockchain for Healthcare 4.0: Technology, Challenges, and Applications presents an overview of the recent advances in blockchain technology which have led to new breakthroughs in the healthcare industry, the application of artificial intelligence (AI) with blockchain, challenges, and prospects.
- Highlights blockchain applications in the biomedical and pharmaceutical industries and remote healthcare.
- Discusses applications and advancement in blockchain framework to track diseases and outbreaks.
- Elaborates the role of blockchain in managing health records, tracing, and securing medical supplies.
- Focuses on efficient and secure medical data sharing through blockchain and secure cloud-based electronic health record (EHR), a system using an attribute-based cryptosystem.
- Presents techniques and methods to utilize blockchain technology for clinical studies and facilitates the transition to patient-driven interoperability.
The text is primarily written for graduate students and academic researchers in the fields of computer science and engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, and information technology.Homepage