Proximity technology―in particular, Bluetooth beacons―is a major source of business opportunity, and this book provides everything you need to know to architect a solution to capitalize on that opportunity. Learn the key standards―iBeacon, Eddystone, Bluetooth 4.0, and AltBeacon―and how they work with other proximity technologies. Then build your understanding of the proximity framework and how to identify and deploy the best solutions for your own business, institutional, or consulting needs.
Solutions architects of all types―venture capitalists, founders, CEOs, strategists, product managers, CTOs, business developers, and programmers―will learn about the following from reading Beacon Technologies: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Beacosystem:
- The disruptive implications of digital–physical convergence and the new applications it makes possible
- The key standards that solutions developers need to understand to capitalize on the business opportunity of proximity technology
- The new phenomenon of beacon networks, which will be hugely significant in driving strategic decisions and creating wealth
- Other technologies in the proximity ecosystem catalyzed by and complementary to Bluetooth beacons, including visual light communication, magnetic resonance, and RFID
- The Beacosystem framework for analyzing the proximity ecosystem
Steve Statler is a writer, public speaker, and consultant working in the beacon ecosystem. He trains and advises retailers, venue owners, VCs, as well as makers of beacon software and hardware. Previously he was the Senior Director for Strategy and Solutions Management at Qualcomm’s Retail Solutions Division, helping to incubate Gimbal, one of the leading Bluetooth beacons on the market. He is also the CEO of Cause Based Solutions, creators of Give the Change, democratizing philanthropy, enabling non-profit supporters to donate the change from charity branded debit cards, and developer of The Good Traveler program.Homepage