Master the art of web exploitation and bug bounty hunting with real CVEs and CTFs on SAML, WordPress, IoT, ElectronJS, and Ethereum Smart Contracts.
- Learn to discover vulnerabilities using source code, dynamic analysis, and decompiling binaries.
- Find and exploit vulnerabilities like SQL Injection, XSS, Command Injection, RCE, and Reentrancy.
- Analyze real security incidents based on MITRE ATT&CK to understand the risk at the CISO level.
Web Attacks and Exploits pose an ongoing threat to the interconnected world. This comprehensive book explores the new challenges of web application security, providing an in-depth understanding of hackers’ methods. It equips readers with the practical knowledge and skills needed to effectively understand these attacks, accompanying them through 3 CTFs and explaining the discovery of 7 CVEs.
The book starts by emphasizing the importance of mindset and toolset in conducting successful attacks. It helps you understand the required methodologies and frameworks, how to configure the environment using interception proxies and automate tasks with Bash and Python, and how to set up a research lab.
By the end of this book, you will enhance your ability to find and exploit web vulnerabilities.
What you will learn
- Understand the mindset, methodologies, and toolset for Web Attacks and Exploitation.
- Learn how SAML and SSO work and find their vulnerabilities
- Understand WordPress and how to exploit SQL Injections
- Learn how IoT Devices work and to exploit Command Injection
- Understand ElectronJS Applications and transform an XSS to an RCE
- Learn how to audit Solidity’s Ethereum Smart Contracts
- Understand how to decompile, debug, and instrument Web Applications