English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800206694 | 473 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 61 MB
A guide to building enterprise, cloud-ready full-stack web applications using ASP.NET Core 5, Vue.js 3, and TypeScript for busy developers
- Learn how to implement clean architecture in the latest ASP.NET Core 5 web API
- Secure, test, and deploy your full-stack web application to Azure Cloud
Vue.js 3 is faster and smaller than the previous version, and TypeScript’s full support out-of-the-box makes it a more maintainable and easier-to-use version of Vue. On the other hand, ASP.NET Core 5 is the fastest .NET web framework today. Together, Vue.js for the frontend and ASP.NET Core 5 for the backend make a powerful combination. This book follows a hands-on approach to implementing practical methodologies for building robust applications using ASP.NET Core 5 and Vue.js 3.
You’ll start by setting up your web app’s backend, guided by clean architecture, command query responsibility segregation (CQRS), mediator patterns, and the Entity Framework Core 5. The book then shows you how to build the frontend application using best practices, state management by Vuex, Vuetify UI component library, Vuelidate for input validations, lazy loading in Vue Router, and JWT authentication. Later, you’ll focus on testing and deployment, performing tasks such as load testing in ASP.NET Core 5 and deploying containerized apps to the cloud. All the tutorials in this book support Windows 10, MacBook, and Linux users.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build an enterprise full-stack web app, use the most common NPM packages for Vue.js and NuGet packages for ASP.NET Core, and deploy Vue.js and ASP.NET Core to Azure App Service using GitHub Actions.
What you will learn
- Discover CQRS and mediator patterns in the ASP.NET Core 5 web API
- Use Serilog, MediatR, FluentValidation, and Redis in ASP.NET
- Explore common Vue.js packages such as Vuelidate, Vuetify, and Vuex
- Manage complex app states using the Vuex state management library
- Write integration tests in ASP.NET Core using xUnit and FluentAssertions
- Deploy your app to Microsoft Azure using the new GitHub Actions for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)