Bestselling author Mark Price is back to guide you through the coolest and most common technologies a .NET developer should know: Blazor, .NET MAUI, gRPC, GraphQL, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, OData, SignalR, Azure Functions, and more!
- Build services using a variety of technologies including Web API, OData, gRPC, GraphQL, SignalR, and Azure Functions
- Learn how to use specialized libraries to improve all aspects of your applications, including performance and localization
- Leverage .NET MAUI to develop cross-platform desktop and mobile apps with ease
Apps and Services with .NET 7 is for .NET 6 and .NET 7 developers who want to kick their C# and .NET understanding up a gear by learning the practical skills and knowledge they need to build real-world applications and services. It covers specialized libraries that will help you monitor and improve performance, secure your data and applications, and internationalize your code and apps.
With chapters that put a variety of technologies into practice, including Web API, OData, gRPC, GraphQL, SignalR, and Azure Functions, this book will give you a broader scope of knowledge than other books that often focus on only a handful of .NET technologies. It covers the latest developments, libraries, and technologies that will help keep you up to date.
You’ll also leverage .NET MAUI to develop mobile apps for iOS and Android as well as desktop apps for Windows and macOS.
What you will learn
- Learn how to build more efficient, secure, and scalable apps and services
- Leverage specialized .NET libraries to improve your applications
- Implement popular third-party libraries like Serilog and FluentValidation
- Build cross-platform apps with .NET MAUI and integrate with native mobile features
- Get familiar with a variety of technologies for implementing services like gRPC and GraphQL
- Explore Blazor WebAssembly and use open-source Blazor component libraries
- Store and manage data locally and in the cloud with SQL Server and Cosmos DB