Android Software Development: A Collection of Practical Projects is a new book by Android instructor Mark Wickham. The book includes content from some of his most popular classes the past years allowing readers to get the benefit of the classes packaged together in this useful Android text.
The book includes in-depth coverage of some of the most important topics for Android developers, such as: connectivity, image handling, push messaging, and more.
Electronic content available as a companion resource to the book includes access to 14 complete Android projects which you can import into your development environment and customize to meet your own requirements.
The book uses a project-based approach. Unlike most books on the market today, The book provides complete working code for all of the projects.
In Android, there are always multiple ways to accomplish a given task. The book helps developers choose the best approach for their app and lets developers implement their solution quickly by leveraging complete projects.
When you purchase the book, you will get access to 14 complete Android projects- that’s more than 10,000 lines of fully tested Java code ready for you to use.
Developers appreciate this approach because it enables them to focus on their apps, and not waste time tying to integrate code snippets or troubleshoot environment setup issues.
The book includes the following chapters:
- Introduction to JSON – shows you how to use the popular notation language to add flexibility to your apps.
- Connectivity – covers all aspects of HTTP in Android. Shows you how to determine if your server is reachable.
- Lazyloading – a common pattern for most apps which is not trivial to implement. Covers all of the major libraries.
- Remote Crashlogs – implement a solution for your apps so you know when they crash and can provide timely fixes.
- Uploading & Emailing – allow users to upload content to a server and email content using email implementations.
- Push Messaging – take your app to the next level by adding push. Two complete working examples covered.
- Android Audio – provides complete coverage of all the Android audio API’s and systhesis engines. Helps you select the right audio approach for your app.