Author: Denys Zelenchuk
Pub Date: 2019
Size: 15 Mb
Write Android user interface (UI) tests using Google Espresso for Android. You’ll cover all the major topics of writing functional UI automated tests using the Espresso testing framework, including different ways of running automated tests, architecting test projects in an easy and maintainable way, and using tools which help to implement automated tests with less effort.
Android Espresso Revealed explains the basics of using Espresso to write automated UI tests, and how to customize the framework for advanced functionality. The author provides examples in both Java and Kotlin, and includes dealing with network operations in UI tests, testing application accessibility, implementing supervised monkey tests, and more.
What You Will Learn
- Write Espresso tests with both Kotlin and Java including test project migration from Java to Kotlin
- Test web views inside the application under test
- Use Espresso to set up test devices or emulators to minimize test flakiness and run tests in Firebase Test Lab
- Verify and stub intents with Espresso-Intents
- Move test projects to AndroidX
- Test notifications or operate on third-party apps during Espresso test execution
- Apply different test architecture approaches to the test project to reduce maintenance effort
- Implement supervised monkey tests using Espresso and UIAutomator