Become an Android Nougat developer, learning to write apps and games in Java using Google’s Android Studio.
In this course, you will discover the power of Android app development, and obtain skills to dramatically increase your career prospects as a software developer.
You will learn how to:
- Develop apps for the very latest version of Android 7 Nougat that also work on older Android devices running older versions of the Android operating system
- Download, install and configure the necessary (free) software
- Create your first app
- Build a range of apps demonstrating key aspects of the Android framework
- Test your apps on emulators or a real Android phone or tablet
- Learn Java programming using the included Java tutorial videos
- Ensure your apps work with current and older Android versions on phones and tablets
- Use Android studio 2.2, the newest version of Googles premier Android tool
- Learn how to use databases, web services, and even get your apps to speak!
- Understand the all new Constraint layout, for “drag and drop” screen creation
- Use powerful libraries of code to play videos, download website data, manipulate images, and a whole lot more!
- Become skilled faster with the courses combination of video, slides and diagrams, all designed to teach you everything you need to know.
- Expand your knowledge with the challenges in the course that are designed to really help you become a better programmer (we show and explain the solutions as well).
- Get a head start on other developers still using obsolete tools and versions of Android
- Learn not only how to program, but learn the “why” as well. Why things are doing in a certain way, etc.