Master Fundamentals of AWS Cloud Computing | Your Path to AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner | Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Complete Guide to Mastering the Fundamentals of AWS Cloud Computing- No Prior Experience Required
This course is your starting point to become an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner!
Why should YOU become an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner?
With 60% of the cloud computing job postings centered on AWS, there is an overwhelmingly rising demand for cloud-based solutions, especially in the space of e-commerce.
With that, the requirement for professionals who can navigate the intricate world of AWS is increasing at a terrific pace!
But as a beginner, it can be challenging to learn AWS/ cloud computing, especially with…
Overwhelming Variety of Services: AWS offers a vast array of services. For a beginner like you, the sheer number of options can be overwhelming. Understanding what each service does and when to use it can be a head-scratcher.
Technical Jargon: Cloud computing and AWS come with their own set of terminology. Terms like Amazon EC2, S3, VPC, AWS Lambda, etc., can be confusing for someone new.
Practical Hands-on Experience: While theoretical fundamentals are essential, beginners often struggle to find opportunities to practice hands-on, which is crucial for truly getting the hang of cloud services.
You’re not alone if you’ve ever felt overwhelmed, lost, or even fearful about making mistakes that could cost you on AWS.
Without clear guidance, diving into AWS can lead to unnecessary costs, improperly configured services, or even potential data breaches.
Whether you’re managing the platform for yourself or your clients, any costly mistake can take a huge toll on your career as an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
Master AWS from Scratch with us: No Prior Knowledge Needed!
This Beginner AWS Course is led by Paulo Dichone, a seasoned Software Engineer and AWS Cloud Practitioner.
What You’ll Learn in this AWS for Beginners Course?
- The foundations of IT, with a deep dive into the paradigm of cloud computing.
- Networking essentials tailored to Amazon AWS, ensuring a solid grasp on cloud-based networking concepts.
- A comprehensive understanding of AWS Core Services, enabling you to efficiently utilize the AWS ecosystem.
- An introduction to becoming an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, helping you pave the way to modern, scalable applications without the overhead of server management.
- Security practices ensuring that your applications and data remain protected in the cloud.
- Techniques to monitor and manage resources in AWS, equipping you to maintain healthy applications and systems.
- A clear understanding of AWS’s pricing and billing, enabling cost-effective cloud management.
- Guidance on the AWS certification path, setting you on a clear trajectory for professional growth in cloud computing.
- Practical experience with hands-on projects, bridging the gap between theory and real-world application.
This course is tailored to guide you, step-by-step, through the essentials of AWS, ensuring:
- Empowering you for the competitive Job Market: Boost your employability by possessing the in-demand skills of AWS, making you a preferred choice for tech-driven companies.
- Cost Savings: Implement the best AWS practices [taught in this course] to optimize resource usage, leading to significant cost savings for your organization or personal projects.
- Scalable Innovations: Harness the power of AWS computing to scale your (or clients’) projects seamlessly, catering to both small audiences and millions of users without infrastructure headaches.
- Confident Decision Making: With a deep understanding of AWS services, confidently make tech decisions, selecting the right AWS tools for specific projects.
- Quick Problem Solving: Address and troubleshoot AWS-related issues swiftly, reducing downtime and enhancing user experience.
- Future-Ready Skillset: Stay ahead of the tech-curve, as cloud computing continues to dominate the future of IT, ensuring long-term relevance in the industry.
- Streamlined Workflows: Simplify and streamline your tech workflows with efficient cloud practices, leading to faster project completions.
What you’ll learn
- Master the fundamentals of AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Start your journey to becoming an Amazon Cloud Certified Practitioner
- Get practical experience with hands-on AWS projects, bridging the gap between theory and real-world application
- Learn the foundations of IT, with a deep dive into the paradigm of cloud computing
- Networking essentials tailored to Amazon AWS, ensuring a solid grasp on cloud-based networking concepts
- Understand AWS Core Services, enabling you to efficiently utilize the AWS ecosystem
- Become an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, helping you pave the way to modern, scalable applications without the overhead of server management
- Learn security practices ensuring that your applications and data remain protected in the cloud
- Learn techniques to monitor and manage resources in AWS, equipping you to maintain healthy applications and systems
- Have a clear understanding of AWS’s pricing and billing, enabling cost-effective cloud management
- Clearly understand the AWS cloud computing certification path, setting you on a clear trajectory for professional growth in cloud computing
Table of Contents
Introduction to AWS for Beginners
1 Welcome to AWS for Beginners What Will You Learn
2 Quick Demo Watch an Overview Of What We’ll Do and Build with AWS
3 A Note About Udemy Reviews
4 Download VS Code
Download Course Resources & Code for Our AWS Course
5 Download Code and Resources
IT (Information Technology) Fundamentals – Deep Dive
6 Information Technology – IT – Fundamentals
7 What is a Computer – CPU & RAM
8 Data Storage and File Systems
9 OS (Operating System) File System Structure
10 LAN (Local Area Network) – Overview
11 What is the Internet
12 Internet Communication – Deep Dive
13 Understanding Servers and Clients
Introduction to Cloud Computing and AWS – Amazon Web Services
14 Introduction to Cloud Computing and Traditional IT
15 AWS Overview
16 AWS Global Infrastructure – Regions and Availability Zones – Full Demo
17 AWS Services and Key Components
18 [Hands-on] Creating an AWS Account – Free Tier
AWS IAM – Identity & Access Management
19 AWS Management Console – Quick Overview
20 Enabling MFA to Your Root Account
21 AWS IAM – Deep Dive
22 [Hands-on] Creating an IAM User
23 [Hands-on] Setup Monthly and Zero-Spend Budgets
Amazon EC2 – Elastic Cloud Computing
24 AWS EC2 – Introduction
25 EC2 Instance Basic Architecture
26 [Hands-on] Launching an EC2 Instance
27 [Hands-on] Launching an EC2 Instance with UserData – Setup a Simple Website
28 Connecting to EC2 Instance – SSH via Command Line or Terminal
29 Connecting to EC2 Instance via AWS Instant Connect
30 Setup Security Group Rules – Inbound Rules
31 Amazon EBS Volume – Quick Check
32 AWS CLI – Command Line Interface – Overview and Installation
33 Configuring AWS CLI Locally
34 AWS CLI Basic Commands
35 Auto Scaling Group in AWS – An Overview
36 [Hands-on] Creating an Auto Scaling Group and Testing It
37 [Hands-on] Auto Scaling Test – Terminating an Instance
38 [Hands-on] Creating a Scaling Policy and Stress Testing
39 AWS Load Balancer (ELB) – An Introduction
40 [Hands-on] Setup a Load Balancer
AWS Storage – S3 – Simple Storage Service
41 Amazon S3 – Introduction
42 Creating a Bucket and Adding an Object
43 Organizing Your S3 Bucket
44 Create, Upload, Delete Buckets Using AWS CLI
45 [Hands-on] Hosting a Static Website in S3
46 Cleanup S3 Static Website
AWS Database Services – RDS & DynamoDB
47 Introduction to AWS Databases – RDS Relational Database Services
48 AWS DynamoDB – Deep Dive
49 [Hands-on] Create a DynamoDB Table and Adding Data
Containers on AWS – ECS Elastic Container Services
50 Container Services on AWS – ECS – Overview
51 Docker, Virtualization and AWS Fargate – Primer
52 AWS ECS Key Concepts
53 [Hands-on] Launching an AWS Fargate Cluster and Service
Serverless Computing (Lambda Functions) and AWS API Gateway
54 AWS Lambda Functions – Overview
55 [Hands-on] Launch First Lambda Function
56 [Hands-on] S3 Trigger Lambda Function to Write to DynamoDB Table
57 AWS API Gateway – Overview
58 [Hands-on] Create a Quote REST API with Lambda Proxy Integration
AWS Automation DevOps, CICD IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
59 IaC – Infrastructure as Code – Deep Dive
60 [Hands-on] Create an S3 Bucket with CloudFormation Template
61 [Hands-on] Deploy a Simple Website with CloudFormation Template
62 Introduction to DevOps and CICD on AWS – Deep Dive
63 [Hands-on] Create a CodeCommit Repo and Push a File
64 [Hands-on] Setup an AWS Elastic Beanstalk Application
65 [Hands-on] AWS CodePipeline & AWS Elastic Beanstalk Application Full Automation
66 IaC – AWS CDK – Cloud Development Kit – Overview
67 Setup Development Environment for AWS CDK
68 Provision an S3 Bucket with AWS CDK
69 [Hands-on] Update CDK Stack with Lambda Function to List all S3 Buckets
Your Next AWS Steps
70 AWS Certification Path
71 AWS Certification Path – Infographic
72 Next Steps
73 Bonus Lecture