Author: Andrey Bogdanov, Dmitry Eliseev
Pub Date: 2016
Size: 10 Mb
Discover 100 useful recipes that will bring the best out of the Yii2 framework and be on the bleeding edge of web development today
Yii is a free, open source web application development framework written in PHP5 that promotes clean DRY design and encourages rapid development. It works to streamline your application development time and helps to ensure an extremely efficient, extensible, and maintainable end product. Being extremely performance optimized, Yii is a perfect choice for any size project. However, it has been built with sophisticated, enterprise applications in mind. You have full control over the configuration from head-to-toe (presentation-to-persistence) to conform to your enterprise development guidelines. It comes packaged with tools to help test and debug your application, and has clear and comprehensive documentation.
This book is a collection of Yii2 recipes. Each recipe is represented as a full and independent item, which showcases solutions from real web-applications. So you can easily reproduce them in your environment and learn Yii2 fast and without tears. All recipes are explained with step-by-step code examples and clear screenshots.
Yii2 is like a suit that looks great off the rack, but is also very easy to tailor to fit your needs. Virtually every component of the framework is extensible. This book will show how to use official extensions, extend any component, or write a new one.
This book will help you create modern web applications quickly, and make sure they perform well using examples and business logic from real life. You will deal with the Yii command line, migrations, and assets. You will learn about role-based access, security, and deployment. We’ll show you how to easily get started, configure your environment, and be ready to write web applications efficiently and quickly.
What you will learn
- See the new version of the Yii2 framework and application development practices
- Write your applications more efficiently using shortcuts, Yii’s core functionality, and the best practices in Web 2.0
- Get data from a database, and deal with Active Record, migrations, widgets, and core features
- Easily update your skills from the previous version of the framework
- Learn how to keep your application secure according to the general web application security principle “filter input, escape output.
- Write RESTfull Web Services using Yii2 and built-in features
- Correctly install and use official extensions in your projects
- Effectively create and implement your own Yii extension, and also ensure your extension is reusable and useful for the community
Table of Contents
2. Routing, Controllers, and Views
3. ActiveRecord, Model, and Database
6. RESTful Web Services
7. Official Extensions
8. Extending Yii
9. Performance Tuning
12. Debugging, Logging, and Error Handling