Author: Petru Ișfan, Bogdan Vaida
Pub Date: 2017
Format: EPUB/AZW3/PDF (conv)
Size: 52 Mb
Say goodbye to unproductive Linux habits and switch to the express lane
Websites, online services, databases, and pretty much every other computer that offers public services runs on Linux. From small servers to clusters, Linux is anywhere and everywhere. With such a broad usage, the demand for Linux specialists is ever growing. For the engineers out there, this means being able to develop, interconnect, and maintain Linux environments.
This book will help you increase your terminal productivity by using Terminator, Guake and other tools. It will start by installing Ubuntu and will explore tools and techniques that will help you to achieve more work with less effort. Next, it will then focus on Terminator, the ultimate terminal, and vim, one of the most intelligent console editors. Futhermore, the readers will see how they can increase their command line productivity by using sed, find, tmux, network, autoenv. The readers will also see how they can edit files without leaving the terminal and use the screen space efficiently and copy-paste like a pro. Towards the end, we focus on network settings, Git hacks, and creating portable environments for development and production using Docker.
Through this book, you will improve your terminal productivity by seeing how to use different tools.
What You Will Learn
- Optimize the power of Guake by integrating it with ClipIt
- Deep dive into the workings of the console editor—Vim
- Explore the advanced concepts and best practices of shell scripting
- Edit large amounts of data quickly using Sed
- Use pipes and subshells to create customized commands
- Get to know how you can speed up the software development and make the terminal a handy companion